Sun, Oct 08|
Bahia de los Suenos
Baja Bluegrass 2023
Join us for an intimate, one-of-a-kind vacation adventure October 8-13, 2023 in beautiful Baja, Mexico. This five night / four day package will include all lodging, meals, guided fishing, AND the best live bluegrass music Mexico has ever seen!
Time & Location
Oct 08, 2023, 9:00 AM – Oct 13, 2023, 12:00 AM
Bahia de los Suenos, 23236 Ensenada de Muertos, B.C.S., Mexico
About the event
WHERE: Bahia de los Suenos(https://www.yellowdogflyfishing.com/destinations/bahia-de-los-suenos/)
WHEN: October 8-13, 2023
WHO: This is the ideal couple’s trip, with space limited to only 40 people (20 couples) total!
VIDEO OVERVIEW: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2olctVeECo
THE SHOWS: We have six incredible musicians making the trip, and each evening will feature anexclusive and intimate musical offering. Live music performances will vary between full bluegrass sets featuring the entire line-up of musicians, to smaller, more intimate trio, duo and solo performances. The small, personalized setting Bahia de los Suenos will lead to spontaneous moments, with a feeling of being “backstage” versus sitting in the audience at a large concert venue. (Guests who are musically inclined are also encouraged to bring instruments for informal jamming!) In addition to the live evening shows, there will also be impromptu sessions that will pop up throughout the course of the week – on the beach, in the bar, or poolside overlooking the ocean.
- Woody Platt is a Grammy Award-winning bluegrass singer, songwriter, guitarist, and a founding member of Steep Canyon Rangers. Platt has won awards, collaborated with the likes of Del McCoury and Steve Martin, and been inducted into the North Carolina Music Hall of Fame.
- Dobro master and 14-time Grammy winner Jerry Douglas is to the resonator guitar what Jimi Hendrix was to the electric guitar: elevating, transforming, and continuously reinventing the instrument in countless ways. Douglas is a freewheeling, forward-thinking recording and touring artist whose output incorporates elements of country, bluegrass, rock, jazz, blues, and Celtic into his distinctive musical vision.
- Barry Bales is a legendary bluegrass and country double bassist, songwriter, and producer who has performed and recorded with Alison Krauss and Union Station for over 30 years. As an in-demand session musician Barry has recorded with some of the biggest bluegrass and country music stars including Dolly Parton, Reba McEntire, Susan Ashton, Dwight Yoakam, Merle Haggard, Vince Gill, Willie Nelson, and The Cox Family, as well as on many movie soundtracks such as “O Brother, Where Out Thou?”.
- Buddy Melton is an award-winning fiddle player and singer, and a founding member of Balsam Range. He sings lead and tenor harmony, and his distinctive voice and artistry are instantly recognizable and widely admired. Tony Rice described him as having “one of the most exciting and purest voices I have ever heard….” He keeps up a busy performance schedule, playing for many events throughout the region with Balsam Range, solo, and with other great Western North Carolina artists.
- Daren Shumaker is an exceptional mandolin player who has performed on Saturday Night Live with Chris Stapleton, and at the Grand Old Opry with Del McCoury. He's spent most of his career as a live sound engineer for the likes of Sam Bush, Steep Canyon Rangers, Del McCoury, and Chris Stapleton, but is now stepping onto the stage more often.
- Painter and musician Shannon Whitworth lives in a renovated farmhouse with her husband and young son in the mountains of North Carolina. In the early 2000s, Whitworth toured and recorded with the iconic bluegrass band, The Biscuit Burners, sharing lead vocals and playing the guitar and banjo. After two critically acclaimed albums with the band, Whitworth released three solo albums and a duets album. Whitworth is a multi-instrumentalist and songwriter, and often performs with her husband, Woody Platt.
THE AREA: With miles of open and accessible coastline, the East Cape of Baja is arguably the world’s top destination place to catch roosterfish from the shore. This special lodge destination is set amongst the spectacular beaches and mountains of Bahia de los Suenos. Anglers and non-angling companions can enjoy first-class accommodations, guides skilled in guiding both fly and conventional anglers, plenty of non-angling activities, and pristine, protected beaches.THE
RESORT: The Bay of Dreams features an idyllic, white sand beach with clear turquoise water and world-class fishing at your doorstep. Guests stay in custom villas that directly overlook the Bay of Dreams. Rooms are all master suites, and each feature plenty of space and private baths. Villas include a Jacuzzi, pool, and access to a private white sand beach with an adjacent reef for snorkeling or fishing. All meals are included in the package, and the resort features a full restaurant and numerous bars.
THE FISHING: Baja Mexico’s East Cape is one of the most productive blue water fly fishing locations in the world. Gentle seas, fair weather, and a precipitous nearby drop-off to the ocean floor make this the perfect setting for both fly and conventional fishing. Add the incredible number of migrating pelagic and resident species and you have a recipe for some incredible angling action. The typical fishing day begins and ends in front of the property. A normal fishing day starts with breakfast served at 6:00 AM in the restaurant or brought on board and enjoyed on the boat. The guides arrive on the beach at 6:30 AM and guests board pangas right in front of the villas. There is incredible inshore fishing for roosterfish, jacks, ladyfish, giant needlefish, pompano, and a variety of other species that cruise the beach in search of prey. When fishing from the beach, it is almost always a sight fishing game. Anglers walk the beach with the guide in search of cruising fish. When fish are spotted, anglers often run to get into casting position. It is a unique blend of sight-fishing, casting, walking, and chaos. When fishing from the panga (the typical 23-foot Mexican fishing boat), live bait is often used to bring fish within casting range, or the guides use a teaser on a spinning rod. The action is fast and furious with either a fly rod or a conventional spinning rod.
NON-ANGLING ACTIVITIES: Situated at one end of the bay, guests have excellent swimming and snorkeling opportunities directly in front of the resort property. Kayaks and stand-up boards are provided for guest use. The property has numerous pools at guests’ disposal, including a waterfall/plunge pool for the adventurous. The Sea of Cortez is one of the most abundant marine environments in the world, and day trips to explore the local sea life can easily be arranged. Whales, dolphins, turtles, and sea lions are frequent visitors. Guests can also arrange to take an excursion to tour, shop or play golf in nearby La Paz, approximately one hour from the resort. Other activities include yoga, guided snorkeling adventures, full spa services, Mexican cooking classes, golfing, hiking and more.
PACKAGE COST: Total cost per couple of $6995.00 (two people, double occupancy)
- Double occupancy accommodations as specified
- A total of five guided fishing day sessions per couple (One person per day = one guided session with two people per boat/guide.) These five rod sessions can be divided any way you choose between two people.
- All meals at the hotel
- Packed cooler lunch and all non-alcoholic beverages during fishing days
- Bait each day for fishing (both for fly and conventional fishing)
- Round trip private van transportation from LaPaz to and from Bahia de los Suenos Resort
- Final night beach party and pig roast
- The best live music in Mexico for four solid days!
WHAT’S NOT INCLUDED:
- International flights to and from Baja (either Cabo or La Paz)
- Gratuities for guides and lodge staff
- Alcoholic beverages, bar tabs and sodas (can be paid at end of week)
- Use of rods, reels, flies, and terminal tackle (rental rod/reel setups can be reserved on request)
- Taxis and additional tours and guided activities
PLEASE NOTE THAT WE EXPECT THIS TRIP TO SELL OUT VERY QUICKLY!
A 50% DEPOSIT IS REQUIRED TO SECURE AND CONFIRM YOUR RESERVATION,
SO PLEASE EMAIL YELLOW DOG Fly Fishing (firstname.lastname@example.org) OR CALL (406) 585-8667 TO SECURE YOUR SPOT FOR THIS AMAZING TRIP.